Friday, August 15, 2008

Liberty City Elementary School

The last week has been fairly hectic for me. In the midst of trying to get my things in order to move, cajoling my boss into helping me transfer stores, working, and making jewelry (technically that falls under working, since I got paid for it), I have been putting in eight hours a day at Liberty City Elementary. In the last five days we have transformed the school's Parent Resource Center from a boring classroom into a beautiful, welcoming oasis for the school's parents. Inner city schools don't always have the luxury of paying attention to things like this, as they are trying so hard just to get through their day to day needs. We hope that this room will make an impression on the parents; show them that if we all work together we can create beauty where there was none.






Parent Outreach Center





Birds and Clouds!


We made a Liberty City Elem. Family Tree (although it is still missing the teacher's pictures). More clouds and birds. :D





This is False Solomon's Seal. Very cool plant.






















Welcome!









































Vines














Okay, so I'm obviously not as good at cutting out flowers as I am at painting them.















I love the leaves though.

















:)












Tree. This was totally freehand. All the plants were actually...


















Pea Pods!




































Ooooh! We love weeds.




























That's me.












More vines.
















More F. Solomon's Seal.














And more. I really like this plant.









Full tree.















That's pretty much it folks.

No comments: